About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Andrew was born in London, UK, raised in Toronto, Canada, and cavorted in Ohtawara, Japan for three years. He is married, has a son, a cat named Freddy and a dog named Shaggy (after the dudes in Scooby-Doo). He has over 35,000 comic books and a plethora of pioneer aviation-related tobacco and sports cards and likes to build LEGO dioramas. Along with writing for a monthly industrial magazine, he also writes comic books and hates writing in the 3rd person. He also hates having to write this crap that no one will ever read. He also writes an aviation blog: Pioneers Of Aviation ( https://av8rblog.wordpress.com/ ) - a cool blog on early fliers. He also wants to do more writing - for money, though. Help him out so he can stop talking in the 3rd person.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Rogers Communications

Do you know what I hate?

I hate Rogers Communications.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are aspects of Rogers that I like and respect, having once been an employee of Rogers Communications - a writer for an industrial magazine they owned until they sold us.

No hard feelings, because I like my new overlords, but I do still miss my Rogers 50% employee discount on TV, Internet, Telephone and even Blue Jays baseball tickets. Who wouldn't? Oh yeah, I don't have a cellular phone and don't want one.

As of now, I spend around $205 a month on the TV, Internet and Telephone. That's what it is, and I'm not complaining, though five years ago, that was only around $90 thanks to the Rogers employee discount.

Anyhow, today, May 23, 2015 at around 7:15PM, the telephone rang... a 1-905 area code number, implying that it could be from somewhere outside the city of Toronto boundaries (though not Mississauga... you don't need the 1 to dial Toronto).

Whatever. The missus and boy are in Thornhill, Ontario tonight for a family reunion, and I'm at home playing MLB 2015: The Show.

I answer the telephone, I'm told that the gentleman calling is from Rogers and he asked me how I was. I responded politely (as usual) with a 'fine' and asked how he was this evening. A 'good, thanks for asking' was offered.

All great, right?

Then he goes into the spiel... but it's an interesting spiel.

Rogers is offering a two-year bundle for Television, Internet, and Telephone for $92, with no strings attached, no hidden fees... just a two-year contract.

Now... the implication from the Rogers representative (and thus Rogers), was that it seemed like he wanted me to join Rogers, so I said:

"Uh... I'm all ready with Rogers."

CLICK.

He effing hung up on me.

He never said a word... just used his Rogers tool to say everything that needed to be said.

No offer given to me to accept this great deal that would save me money. Nope.

No apology for the confusion and thanks for being a loyal Rogers customer. Nope.

Just CLICK.

A big EFF YOU.

Thanks, Rogers. It's great that you not only know WHO your customers are, but that it is apparent you know how to treat said customers with respect.

Let's make some new commercials showing Canada just what you are really like!

Do you know what I hate?

I hate Rogers Communications.

1 comment:

  1. There are similarities to SHAW, who give their current, active employees a nice 62% discount on Shaw services. When you retire, they say "Goodbye. Now you lose the discount entirely, and pay the same as John Q. Public."

    ReplyDelete

Creator of this blog assumes no liability for comments issued by others.
No racists, sexist or religious comments. It's okay to hate someone or something, but let's not be jerks about it and stoop to their level. No swearing. Lets be eloquent in our hatred of people and things that tick us off.