About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Andrew was born in London, UK, raised in Toronto, Canada, and cavorted in Ohtawara, Japan for three years. He is married, has a son, a cat named Freddy and a dog named Shaggy (after the dudes in Scooby-Doo). He has over 35,000 comic books and a plethora of pioneer aviation-related tobacco and sports cards and likes to build LEGO dioramas. Along with writing for a monthly industrial magazine, he also writes comic books and hates writing in the 3rd person. He also hates having to write this crap that no one will ever read. He also writes an aviation blog: Pioneers Of Aviation ( https://av8rblog.wordpress.com/ ) - a cool blog on early fliers. He also wants to do more writing - for money, though. Help him out so he can stop talking in the 3rd person.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

People Who Interrupt

Like the title says, I hate people who interrupt me when I'm talking to someone else.

These past two days I've been talking with co-workers and have twice been rudely interrupted by people who want to talk to the person I'm talking to. 

It's like eff-you Andrew! Quit talking while I'm interrupting!

I just have to walk away, because obviously whatever it was that I was talking to them about is not as important enough in the eyes and ears of the interruptee. Not that they knew or cared about my conversation.

Not even an "Excuse me, but... "

How rude. 

For all of you interrupters out there - you can kiss my a$$!

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny to hear that I'm not the only person out here that despises being interrupted.

    I've since dealt with this problem by continuing to talk and until they stop talking.

    I mean this seriously works for me. I don't get mad anymore or anything now :)

    But if they are someone who's bad at it, I finish with a dumbfounded look on my face with:

    - I interrupted you didn't I..... I'm sorry ....
    - Shssss,.....I mean what would you do? (knowing they have no clue what your talking about)

    If on the phone, continue talking until they stop, then pause, then immediately start up again before they do, with something random and odd like:
    - what do you think about prepaid light bills OR
    - what you think about dimensional worlds
    then explain to them how you believe it should be considered simply by considering the following points:
    1. we are living in the past, and I can prove it
    2. when you experience Dejavue, you say "I feel like I've done this already" (its because you have)
    3. Dejavue is a real phenomenon experienced by people worldwide, so whatever it is, you cant ignore it happens to almost everyone.

    Finally: Here's whats going on. I'm doing exactly what the other me is doing, only thing is, I'm anywhere from 5min-5hrs-5yrs behind in time. And every now and then, only because were essentially the same person, I actually remember some of the things that the future me has done already.

    Then be like . . . wow! I did not know it was that late, can I call you back, I gotta go poop.

    ReplyDelete

Creator of this blog assumes no liability for comments issued by others.
No racists, sexist or religious comments. It's okay to hate someone or something, but let's not be jerks about it and stoop to their level. No swearing. Lets be eloquent in our hatred of people and things that tick us off.