About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Andrew was born in London, UK, raised in Toronto, Canada, and cavorted in Ohtawara, Japan for three years. He is married, has a son, a cat named Freddy and a dog named Shaggy (after the dudes in Scooby-Doo). He has over 35,000 comic books and a plethora of pioneer aviation-related tobacco and sports cards and likes to build LEGO dioramas. Along with writing for a monthly industrial magazine, he also writes comic books and hates writing in the 3rd person. He also hates having to write this crap that no one will ever read. He also writes an aviation blog: Pioneers Of Aviation ( https://av8rblog.wordpress.com/ ) - a cool blog on early fliers. He also wants to do more writing - for money, though. Help him out so he can stop talking in the 3rd person.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Humidity!

You know what I hate? Humidity!

Obviously humidity is important - there's too little in the winter when the air is dry, and there's too much in the summer when I'm a three-shirt a day kind of guy because I'm mostly hair and fat.

I hate the wetness. I've tried to get into a wetness protection program, but nothing I do seems to help. I recently made the mistake of complaining to a friend in Atlanta about the humidity in Toronto and was really put in my place - as apparently Atlanta  suffers tremendously from humidity. That being the case, I still hate it - the humidity, not Atlanta.

Does anyone really know what humidity is? I've tried looking it up on various sites on-line and all I get is confused. Weather folks talk all about humidity, and we all know it means wetness, but really, does anyone understand what it is? There's humidity when it's cloudy, and there's humidity when it's a clear blue sky.

What the heck? Shouldn't the sun be drying up the air? Is there humidity in Arizona? Apparently not - it's a dry heat? Why can't I get an answer that doesn't involve me getting a BSc degree (Bachelor of Science)?

I'm unsure which I hate more - having it rain, getting wet in the rain, having the rain stop and then before I can get dry, I get wetter from the sweating caused by the humidity!

Actually, I know what I hate more - it's not knowing what the hell humidity is!

Really, it's NOT the heat, but the stupidity!

2 comments:

  1. I was up at Lake Huron this weekend. I went into the water on Friday evening with my shorts on... it was so humid that they did not dry as of Sunday morning. I hate being wet!

    ReplyDelete

Creator of this blog assumes no liability for comments issued by others.
No racists, sexist or religious comments. It's okay to hate someone or something, but let's not be jerks about it and stoop to their level. No swearing. Lets be eloquent in our hatred of people and things that tick us off.