About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Andrew was born in London, UK, raised in Toronto, Canada, and cavorted in Ohtawara, Japan for three years. He is married, has a son, a cat named Freddy and a dog named Shaggy (after the dudes in Scooby-Doo). He has over 35,000 comic books and a plethora of pioneer aviation-related tobacco and sports cards and likes to build LEGO dioramas. Along with writing for a monthly industrial magazine, he also writes comic books and hates writing in the 3rd person. He also hates having to write this crap that no one will ever read. He also writes an aviation blog: Pioneers Of Aviation ( https://av8rblog.wordpress.com/ ) - a cool blog on early fliers. He also wants to do more writing - for money, though. Help him out so he can stop talking in the 3rd person.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

People Who Don't Use Deodorant

I hate stinky people.

Sure we may all have had a day when through no fault of our own the deodorant we're using lets us down or some strange smell has attached itself to us (like THIS).

But what I really hate are people who never use deodorant. If you are one of those people feeling that deodorant is unnecessary, you are WRONG.

You need to use some sort of deodorant! Even if you don't think you do - you do!

I often wonder if that's why some people douse themselves in cologne or perfume - to cover up the stink. That's what it was originally created for. It's true... perfume is considered a deodorant - at least that's part of the definition of deodorant: a substance applied to the body to suppress or mask the odor of perspiration or other body odours.

Come along Sherman, as we travel in our WayBack machine to the time when in 1500BC the Egyptians used to apply sweet smelling aromatics to their body - yes, it was to smell sweet, but it was also used to cover up potential smells--the Egyptians, despite living in a desert clime, bathed regularly.

Now Sherman, let's travel ahead 2000 years to 500AD and visit some foul-smelling barbarians. The Vikings. They were fierce fighters and probably used their foul stench to water the eyes of their opponents before slashing off their head. These bad boys only took a bath once a year. Perfume or deodorant - what's that? Ugh... the smell...

Let's move up to the time of Marie Antoinette - say the 1780s. We've all heard how the French pretty much invented the perfume industry - and helped do major damage to the world's whale population - but these people stunk to high heaven. Yes they wore gobs of perfume - but that was to cover up the reek.

Which brings us back to the so-called present. People smell. Some people smell of soap. Others of a talc. Some reek with a plethor of perfume - and then there's the naturalist  who doesn't wear deodorant or anything to cover up the stench.

It's you stinky folk that always makes me wonder how you find someone to have relations with. Well, I suppose they get sex orally from people telling them: "Eff you, you stink."

11 comments:

  1. You must be retarded. I dont wear deodorant and I haven't for years. I only begin to stink after about 3 days of not showering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What stinks is your use of the word 'retarded'. Look, I respect your right to disagree with anything I write, but calling someone retarded? Dude... I have a 149 IQ.
      The title of the article is to catch people's attention. But read the opening line. I hate stinky people.
      Good for you that you only begin to stink after 3 days. You then have a shower. Excellent. Others do not. And they begin to smell. I hate stinky people who should take a bath (like you do before you stink), or those that simply shower and stink right away.
      Are you sure you don't smell on day 1? You may not smell it, but do others? It's a question. Not a statement. You may be an exception to the rule. I may be completely wrong. And I'm okay with being wrong and admitting it.
      Do you know what you could have done? You could have said: Andrew, I think you completely missed the mark. I strongly disagree with your blog. (explain why) and leave it at that.
      Your comment makes you sound less intellectual. Allow me to respond with a lower IQ:
      Retarded? What are you 12-years-old? Stop trolling the internet and go back to having sex with your uncle.

      Delete
  2. were did you get that fact about vikings who washed them self once a year ? LOL.
    Your knowledge of history rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I read it in an old Asterisk and Obelisk comic book. I also recall that the French (in Marie Antoinette's time) did not bathe frequently so perfumes were used to mask the scent.
      Vikings may have washed their face and hands a lot, but bath time was not frequent at all. I may have exaggerated the Viking fact. Maybe. It's just something I heard once and stored it away in my head. Maybe after 40 years that knowledge is no longer valid.

      Delete
  3. Andrew - ever try Lavilin? I've been using it for years and I absolutely love it! It's natural and long-lasting. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't. It seems like it's a good product... now... does it stop sweating or just the smell... anti-antiperspirant's and deodorants do different things... I'm a sweater more than a stinker... I don't smell, actually... blocked nose.

      Delete
  4. Hey Andrew - it's a natural deodorant so it doesn't stop sweating. I'm also a sweater, but given the benefits of Lavilin, I really don't mind. Besides, sweating is good for you since it releases the toxins from your body, whereas anti-perspirants inhibit that process.

    Anyway, I'd encourage you to try out Lavilin..And if you do, please let me know what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lavilin!!!! They just featured it in NY Mag as THE #1 natural deodorant they tested! Unbelievable!!

    http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/07/any-of-these-hippie-deodorants-work.html#slideshow=/slideshows/2013/07/17/aluminum_free_deodorants.slideshow.json.slideshow.json|currentSlide=00005

    -Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HATE DEODORANTS. I LIVE IN HOT TROPICAL COUNTRY AND I STILL AM OK WITHOUT IT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones who, when the sweat, don't smell.
      I'm really only talking about the ones that do smell.
      Thanks for WRITING!

      Delete
  7. You know. I am one of those unlucky ones who smells under the pits no matter what. Recently, deodorant has not been working for me no matter what I have used. It's a shame. I noticed that when I do use deodorant, and after I take a shower, about 1 hour later I will begin to smell so bad under the pits and it is not a pleasant smell and feeling. I noticed that it's better without deodorant but it still smells bad.

    I recently tested a lime though. I cut it in half and squeezed the juice under my armpits and it did feel sticky but I cleaned the stickiness off. The results were spectacular. The smell of my armpits were very slight and it stayed the same way for at least 3 days even after showering. After that it started smelling again. Unfortunately, that was my only lime. I want to try lemons and see if there is a difference between lemons and limes though.

    ReplyDelete

Creator of this blog assumes no liability for comments issued by others.
No racists, sexist or religious comments. It's okay to hate someone or something, but let's not be jerks about it and stoop to their level. No swearing. Lets be eloquent in our hatred of people and things that tick us off.